Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vikes loose NFC championship game again

Vikings loose again - but they had more total yards - which we all know is what really matters, or at least that is what we used to say back in the Wilson street pad when ever we lost a Sega John Madden football (video) game (when I say "we" used to say, in this case I am referring to Big B and I).

About 7 or 8 years ago I told this dude I met at the pub on this island where I now live (he was from Pittsburgh and played linebacker for an Ivy league school when he was in college and was visiting the island on a bike tour) that Drew Breese (Saints QB) was going to be an awesome NFL quarterback (he had just been traded to the Saints from the Chargers at the time) and that I projected he would play in Super Bowls and maybe even get into the NFL Hall of Fame when it was all said and done with. I had seen him play in the Big Ten conference while he was in college at Purdue University and he torched every team for like 400 + yards in every game. And so he beats my Vikes to go to the Super Bowl, just like the Falcons Tim Dewight years earlier who happened to be from my high school. The Vikings always loose the big games (4 Super Bowl losses) and when Bret Farve (the Vikes QB) threw that last interception alls I could do was laugh. There always seems to be some connection between the players or a player on a team that the Vikes get beat by in the big game and my own earlier predictions about how good these players will become someday.

1 comment:

matt said...

Since hardly anyone has posted comments on my blog I will post one myself;

What the hell has this got to do with anything else that this blog has to do with?